Friday, March 4, 2016

Thin, Chewy and Buttery Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oatmeal cookies thin buttery 1

I'm feeling so good lately! I finished with radiation, had my oncology check up....everything is good! I still have to have my Herceptin treatments every three weeks, but it's totally a piece of cake compared to chemo.

Feeling well, back in my kitchen cooking and baking up a storm every week. Life is truly good and now that my taste buds have returned I can enjoy a cookie or two now and then and my most favorite cookie has always been oatmeal.

I suppose that everyone who likes oatmeal cookies has a favorite. Thick, thin, with raisins, without raisins, chocolate chips, no chips. I personally don't think there is much you can do to a cookie that won't make me like it. I mean cookies. Come on.

I found these little beauties will I was browsing around Pinterest.

Thin. Chewy. Buttery.

I'm in.

Cookie Perfection.

As always, don't over bake these or they will come out crumbly and we all know no one likes a crumbly cookie.

Thanks to Ann at Thibeault's Table for this recipe. Ann makes gorgeous maple cutting boards! Check it out if you are in the market for a handcrafted beauty of a cutting board.

Oatmeal cookies thin buttery

Thin, Chewy and Buttery Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
recipe from The Toronto Star via Thibeault's Table
PRINTABLE RECIPE
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 2/3 cup flour
3/4 Teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
dash nutmeg
1 1/2 cups rolled oats

Preheat oven to 350 Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until smooth. Add vanilla Combined flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir into butter mixture. Add rolled oats. Roll into small balls (golf ball size) and flatten with glass dipped in sugar. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are golden. Cookie should not get brown. Cool on wire rack.

No comments: