Tuesday, April 2, 2013

One Pot Spaghetti


One Pot Spaghetti

Spaghetti in one pot. I'm in.

I know, what's so hard about making spaghetti in one pot and then heating up sauce in another and combining them? Not a thing, but I liked the whole concept of making this all in one big pot, although I did cook the hamburger in a separate pan, but I could have used the pot if I wanted to.

One Pot Spaghetti 1

I made this on a Saturday afternoon when I was in a bit of a cleaning frenzy. Spring fever hit me and I got in a mood and was a cleaning fool.

I doubled this recipe. I laugh when I see 8 ounces of spaghetti cause that would never feed my clan. If there are only a few people in your clan, then this recipe should work just fine.

I put my little twist on it, adding in some Italian seasoning and some parsley and more garlic than the original recipe called for cause garlic don't need no reason.

This was really good. The spaghetti just soaked up all that broth and sauce and it made this dish so flavorful. It was cooked just perfectly too.

Great recipe for a lazy afternoon.

Pin It

One Pot Spaghetti
adapted from a recipe at Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
1 lb. ground beef (or sausage)
1 onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon parsley
1 can chicken broth (14.5 ounces) or use homemade
1 (26 oz.) jar sauce
1/2 cup water
8 oz. spaghetti, broken into pieces
1/4 cup grated Parmesan for topping

In a large pot or separate skillet, brown the ground beef and onion. Add the garlic in at last minute or so along with the Italian seasonings and the parsley. Drain off any fat.

In a large pot add the broth, spaghetti sauce, and water. Bring to a boil. Add spaghetti and reduce heat. Cook, covered, for 17 to 20 minutes or until spaghetti is cooked al dente. Stir occasionally and add more water, if needed. Top with Parmesan when serving.

6 comments:

Becki's Whole Life said...

I am all about one pot recipes, especially when it cooks the pasta. This sounds fabulous and a great easy dinner.

Anonymous said...

Did you double the chicken broth, water and spaghetti sauce?

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Yes, I doubled all the ingredients when I made this. Use a big pot!

Anonymous said...

Simply delicious and I'm sure it gave you the energy to finish off your spring cleaning!
Mary x

Jackie said...

This looks so good, I'll have to give it a try soon!
P.S. Got my package to day Lisa.... Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Hello! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get
a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one?
Thanks a lot!

Also visit my blog - Waist to height calculator