Monday, February 27, 2012

Easy Cheesy Dilly Loaf

Easy Cheesy Dilly Bread

I'm alone this week. Well not totally alone, my kids are here, but my husband is off on a business trip for the week, so for me, my other half is truly absent. Mama no like.

It's the first time we've been separated for this amount of time since we got married. *sniff*

It's just going to be strange going through this whole routine we call life without him for the next 6 days. I told the boys they better pray we don't get a snowstorm cause Papa is the only one who can operate the snow blower. I hope I won't be saying "get out your snow shovels".

I'll be making lots of quick and easy stuff this week and let me tell you it doesn't get much quicker or easier then this Easy Cheesy Dilly Loaf.

I threw this together in like 5 minutes and 40 minutes after that we had a delicious warm loaf of bread.

Aside from eating this straight outta the pan, I sliced this thin, toasted it and then make a delicious turkey, avocado and cheese sandwich. Yum! This would also make an amazing grilled cheese. Can you imagine oozing cheesy goodness sandwiched between this stuff or served up with a pipin' hot bowl of soup?

The possibilities are endless!

Make it! Trust me, you'll be so glad you did.

Easy Cheesy Dilly Bread1


Easy Cheesy Dilly Loaf
recipe from Betterrecipes.com
3 cups Bisquick
1 ½ cups sharp grated cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 1/14 cups milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ teaspoon dill weed
½ teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon salt

Oven to 350. Generously grease a 9x5 loaf pan. In a large bowl combine the Bisquick, cheese and sugar. In a second bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture blending thoroughly to remove any lumps. Turn the batter into the pan and bake until golden brown (about 40 minutes).

This bread can also be baked in a 6 cup bundt pan.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Paul travels a lot for work. I'm practically fetal when anything electronic breaks. And I would never survive the snow if we were still in Minnesota.

Anyway. Yum-O. Might even add some dill pickles to the batter! The grilled cheese would be clutch. Off to pin this!

Unknown said...

Oh googness, how with a pat of butter and I would be in HEAVEN

Creating Through LIFE said...

This looks so yummy!

Foodiewife said...

I understand. When my husband went away for six days (to Las Vegas, no less) on a business trip, I found the nights be really lonely. It was me and the cat. Kiddo is grown up. I ate chocolate. I watched TV. But the nights were lonely. Nice comfort food bread, too. Absence makes the grow stronger.

Becki's Whole Life said...

I hate when Jim travels...I don't sleep well and then I am super tired...it's just not a good week:-)...But absence does make the heart grow fonder, right?

This sounds absolutely wonderful. I like to have bread as my starch with dinner and this would be perfect. Love the dill!

beti said...

another great bread recipe to bookmark I just love to make bread and this cheesy bread is now on my list

Unknown said...

Oh this bread looks awesome! YUM!

KIm said...

Wah. I have no cheese to grate! Otherwise, I sure would love to make this right now. It's a rainy late Saturday morning here and I would eat up some of this cheesy goodness.

I hope all is well and back to normal by now in your home sweet home.