Monday, October 10, 2011

Right Now

Forest in a blur

Time: 7:41am

In my mug:
honey and lemon tea.


In my ears: Colin Hay. Thanks to Jennifer for sharing him with me. (Yes that voice is familiar...think Men@Work. Who woulda thunk??? Love his voice.)

In my belly: just the tea. Waiting on John to get home from work so our vacation can begin.

On me: My "I'm in the Moooood for love" t-shirt. Picture two cows in love, in a row boat....hey it's a sleepin' shirt!

Last watched: Dexter. I am addicted.

By my bedside: Latest issues of Savuer & Bon Appetit. 

Under my nails: Paint. Been doing a lot of that lately.

Looking forward to: VACATION! read on:

October is my favorite month.

Not only because of all the obvious reasons (the fall leaves, the fall foods, the fall clothes, my anniversary, pumpkins, warm socks, cozy blankets, etc. I really could go on and on here). It's also my favorite month cause I always take vacation time. I rarely take a full week, but October is an exception.

So we're on vacation this week. We will be off to Boston with friends, we will be taking care of odds n' ends around the house, we will be celebrating my baby turning 15 and I will be cooking and baking, not only for Evan's birthday party, but with all the apples we picked this past weekend.

Get ready for some apple recipes.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I want a vacation. JEALOUS! Love the new header, Lisa :D

Kim said...

Psst. Happy Anniversary, too! Enjoy Boston- I was there last weekend but I sure wish I'd been there today so I could pass you on the sidewalk and do a double-take. I think I'd know your hair anywhere. ;)

Foodiewife said...

Happy vacation. Every October, we have a week off because our school is closed for Fall Break. Right now, I'm on my laptop, in a condominium in an area called "Windsor", CA. There are vineyards are far as one can see, and the colors are spectacular. Vines are bursting with grapes. It's good to rest and rejuvenate. Wishing you all the best. I haven't been to Boston since before my 23 year old son was born.

Angie said...

I also can't get enough of October (or Dexter). Enjoy your vacation!

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Happy vacationing :)

Jennifer said...

Am happy to see a "right now" post.

am late to your vacation, hope it was a good one and you are refueled.

i love the photo. i love that it says "getaway"

you are welcome for the music :-)

and sadly i let my bon appetit subscription run out this year. i just don't seem to have the time :-(

my vacation is next month-Thanksgiving week which i am excited about, but i will never wait for a vacation this long again.

love the header btw, if i didn't say before!!