Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Easter!

eggs in carton 2

Last night we colored these beautiful eggs which I am making into deviled eggs for Easter.

Multi-colored deviled eggs taste so much better than the plain ole' boring ones you know.

Here's a few of our "parsley eggs" that we make each year.

Blue egg

I just love them.

Peach egg

We also use cheesecloth and old panty hose to give the eggs interesting patterns.

eggs in carton



eggs in carton 3


I am going to be cooking for a crowd (what's new?) and then kicking back and relaxing. We had a really rough week in Rhode Island. There are so many people who don't have a home to celebrate in. I can't tell you how fortunate we feel to have escaped major damage.

Oh I almost forgot, for those of you that know of my mad love for the Cadbury mini eggs can I just say....not one of them has touched my lips! Nada. Not a single one! How ya like dat?? See I do have willpower. (That being said I wouldn't turn one away if they happened to show up in my Easter basket, hint, hint)

Happy Easter!

Wishing you a joyful day~

3 comments:

jacqui said...

I've never seen egg dyed with parsley, they look great! Have a happy Easter!

Laurie said...

Those eggs are gorgeous! Just catching up on blog posts, & am glad you made it through the storm OK. I had not even heard about it.

Anonymous said...

happy belated easter! I love your parsley eggs, they are beau-ti-ful!

i think i will still dye eggs even when the kids are grown.

glad to know you are okay, i was hoping you were when those news reports started coming out.